Sunday, 9 March 2014

Updated Contents page

This is my updated contents page, as you can see I have added in the photo that my audience helped me to choose. I had already gone through this process with all of the photos that I'd taken and this one looked the best. The reason it achieves this is mainly down to the lighting, it has to be light because of the main photo. Other photos I tried just looked dark and were over shadowed by the main image.

Although one of the most important changes I had to make was with the logo. As you may remember I had the old TMS logo in the red box at the top and in the reviews section. As I no longer have this as the logo or the name I had to remove it and put my new logo on. This proved troublesome as I don't actually have a logo now I have I masthead. This meant that I had to draw a white box behind my logo so people could read it when it was on the contents page. I believe this affect has been successful as my logo perhaps stands out even more than before because white and black complement each other more than black and red.  

As you can see there was another change that I made, as I no longer have the photo of the person holding the record the shape of the picture has changed. I found that having the photo stretched out to the bottom distorted the look and it just didn't work. This meant that I had to make the space for the photo square, this freed up space for me to add more reviews. I decided to do this because otherwise there would be a large amount of space that would make my page look unprofessional and a bit strange.

The final change that I made was to the box below the second picture which details what is in the article. Before it didn't have the black border and the text wasn't bold. I had to change this for the sake of consistency and the house style because the other box was built in this way. Besides I think it is a good look as it means the white edges don't get lost and it really makes the text stands out to attract the attention of the audience.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment