When I took my photos I was torn between using a Beatles Abbey Road style photo because in the article I will talk about the band's inspirations and I was thinking of mentioning the Beatles. Although I knew this would be a hard shot to choreograph because I had to find the right location and make sure that there weren't people or cars in the way. The other option was a shot using the wall in the park, I positioned the lead singer of the band in the middle sitting on the wall and the other two standing behind the wall. This shot wasn't inspired by any other one in particular but it was one that I thought could work well.
Abbey Road Style Photos


Just like before I got to work on removing photos from the equation there were quite a lot that didn't really turn out as I planned and as a result with these shots I had very little to work with. I ruled out top row middle photo because Ashley (left) is half cut off, for the same reason I ruled out 2nd row far right and 3rd row far left. For the last photo in the 1st row and the first two in the 2nd I experimented by taking the photo from the opposite side of the road, I found that not to be very effective because the models look too small and if you crop the photo it will only lead to the bodies being stretched and distorted trying to fit the photo on to the page. I also had to rule out those photos because on some of them they weren't all facing the same way, from my audience feedback I found that this should be the case as it is the case in the original Abbey Road photo. As I was suffering with the problem of numerous people in the background of the shot which can be seen the 3rd row far left I decided to change location and try to get a similar shot on the path inside the park rather than on the road. From my audience I was told that this wasn't very effective as it didn't quite look right the fact they weren't on the an actual road. This is where I disagreed with my audience, I thought the poses were some of the best I got from this batch of photos. In the end I chose not to use them as one Henry(far right) was looking back and the others were either too light or too dark. In the end I decided that the very first photo was the best photo. There is no one in the background, the lighting is good and the poses are exactly what I was looking for.
Alternative shot
Photo A
Photo B
As this shot was easier to stage I only have two of it, in the end it was a relatively easy choice for both me and my audience. We both agreed that shot A was the best this was because in shot B Ashley and Rob(centre and right) both have their eyes closed/partially closed. This rendered the photo unusable. A is much better because the models are looking straight at the camera, posing slightly better in terms of sitting up more and there is no sign of anybody not concentrating.
Ultimately I had to decide which of the two shots I was going to use, in the end I came to the decision with the help of a very even audience vote to use Photo A on the wall. It is a better shot in my opinion because you can see more of the band and there facial expressions, I think that is important to establish a connection with the reader. In photo A the background doesn't take away from the band members where in the Abbey Road one I find the large house dominating. The final reason I chose it is to give the band a sense of identity, I feel that doing there own thing sets them apart from the rest and gives them more of an identity than if they were seeming to copy the Beatles.









No comments:
Post a Comment