Whilst creating my double page spread I think that I have been too focused on the large elements such as the text and the photo. While there is no doubt that these are the most important elements the whole page has to look right and I wanted to take audience feedback that would help me to decide on some of the smaller elements on the page that come together to make the product as a whole.
Below is the feedback I got and the ideas that my audience gave me to help to improve my work.
- I was told that it was strange that my double page spread didn't have page numbers, it is a simple and common convention for pages inside the magazine to have age numbers. I received contrasting feedback on whether i should have one number or two so I will try both and see which one of them works the best.
- I was also reminded of a convention that some music magazines choose to use. Some put their logo on double page spreads.
- The majority of my audience said that I could perhaps use the logo that is on the contents page at the top of the double page spread. This would be good for the house style and the consistency
- Some people told me that there were a few spelling mistakes in the article but I'm not worried about this as I haven't yet finished the article thus meaning I haven't spell checked it yet.
- I received some positive feedback on the general layout of the page and the content so I have decided to leave things as they are.
To go along side with this feedback I will be printing out all of my pages so I can see what the pages would look like in an actual magazine. From this I may find out that I need to change some text sizes or brighten/dim some of the colours.
No comments:
Post a Comment