Sunday, 9 March 2014

Poll results

With the help of my audience I have now chosen the photo that I am going to use on my contents page, I will reveal my choice later in this post. The way I arrived at this was to ask my audience for their opinions and ultimately vote on which one they think I should use. Below you will see the comments made by my audience and the reasoning behind me rejecting the photo. 
Photo A
"This photo would be good but the flash ruins it"
"If wouldn't personally us it but if you did you would definitely have to crop the floor out, but then you've got the problem of stretching and distorting the photo when putting it on the page."
I chose to reject this photo because of the glare of the flash on the record, I think that it takes away from the look of the photo and it attracts too much attention.
Photo B 
"I'm afraid much the same as A, I wouldn't use this photo either because of the flash"
For exactly the same reason as A I rejected this photo because of the glare.
Photo C 
"This photo is good but I think it is the best out of A and B"
"I think that you could pull the record out of the sleeve more to make it more obvious what it is."
I thought that this was a good photo but I couldn't use it in the end because of the other photo on the contents page. It is very light so this photo because the record is dark doesn't really work.
Photo D 
"I don't like this photo at all we have no idea who's CD's as we can't see the cover of the top one or the spines at the side."
"I definitely wouldn't use this photo, you can't see what any of the CD's are and there isn't enough light."
I believe that this is one of my worst photos, I can't see why it would work because you can't see any details and the setting for the photo isn't very professional. It was a really easy decision to reject this.  
Photo E 
"I'm not a fan of this photo you would have to take an extreme close up to see the names on the side of the CD's. I think it would be better to display the names of the CD's."
"It may be a bit picky but I'm not a fan of the surface the CD's are on I think a plain one would look better but I like this view as it highlights the amount there are."
After reviewing this photo I saw that I couldn't really use it because you can't see the names of the CD's at the side and that was the whole point of the photo. I also didn't think there was enough natural light. 
Photo F 
"I like this shot I definitely think this is the way to photograph a pile of CD's."
"This shot is one of the best it will definitely feature in my decision making." 
This shot is very similar to shot G which is why I had such a hard time choosing between the two, in the end it was the dim lighting that led to to reject this photo.
Photo G 
"I think that this is the best photo I will choose this one."
"I like the use of natural light which isn't present in the other CD ones, this is the best one."
I agreed with my audience and went with this shot, I think it has the advantage of natural light that the other shots like this don't have, I think that it it close enough so you can see what the CD says and doesn't look dark compared to my other photo.
Photo H
"This shot is at the wrong angle, it should be taken from the left like G, I also think it is too far away and I'm struggling to read the cover of the CD."
I agreed with my audience this shot is taken from the wrong angle and because of this it is hard to see the CD.

Photo I
"I think this is the best one with the records."
"I'm not sure about the lighting only in the middle of the wardrobe, it looks a bit strange with the light and shade."
I didn't use any of the record shots because I couldn't make it obvious that they were records and upon putting them on the page they just didn't work or look right.
Photo J
"There is too much of the surface the CD's are on and they are too far away from the camera."
This shot is good in terms of the light but I didn't use it because the CD's are too far away, although I could crop it, the CD's will become stretched when I put it onto the actual page.
Photo K
"This one has the same problem as J the main objects are too far away from the camera."
See photo I
As you can see I chose to go with my audience as Photo G gained almost half of the vote. By far and away it was the most popular. This was a major contributing factor to why I used it.


No comments:

Post a Comment