Wednesday, 19 March 2014

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?

On the whole my target audience are fans of Indie music who want to find out about all of the latest releases and what is happening in the world of Indie music. Although I would expect my audience to be a little more narrower than this not in terms of gender as I have tried not to be gender specific as I don't feel that I have picked colours that suggest my magazine favours one gender over another. I believe that due to the presence of a very young Indie band on the front of this issue it would appeal mostly to a younger/teenage audience as the band are people their age singing about topics they can relate to. I haven't used much advanced or adult language that may stop some of my target audience accessing my magazine.

Although this isn't an exhaustive list as inside I have mentioned some of the most famous Indie artists in the world such as Adele who stereo typically has a much older following. This will hopefully show that the independent music industry has something for everyone just like my magazine. By adding in artists such as Adele and competitions I am trying to attract just general fans of the artists featured or new fans of Indie music than my expected target audience of teenagers or young adults.

I feel that for my magazine to be successful it had to have appeal to a wide range of people not just a narrow audience and I think with my content I have achieved this.

No comments:

Post a Comment