Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Logo change

When I was looking at fonts I could potentially use instead of my old TMS one I was advised by my audience that I should try playing around with using a masthead because the red box with the logo in was perhaps becoming lost. After experimenting with it I decided that I agreed that a masthead would look better. Although carrying it out with the words 'The Music Scene'  would mean that the text would look squashed because the name was too long. Typically music magazines don't have very long names printed on the front cover for example NME, Q or even Kerrang. This is why I chose to shorten the name down to music scene. This won't affect my house style and the banner on my contents page because it was just a case of dropping 'the.' Of course this meant dropping the Indie labels are on the rise article from my front cover, this was an essential amendment to ensure that the masthead fitted on. The article is still mentioned inside.
  
After that it was choosing a new font, from previous audience feedback I knew that I was searching for a stencil like font similar to that of Kerrang's . After searching the internet I found this font that can be seen on the cover below, I believe the font to be successful and that it 'says indie' more than the other fonts that I have had. I will now put this to the test by conducting some audience feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment