Monday, 17 March 2014

Double Page Spread with article written


This is my double page spread with the article written. I have chosen to write my article about the back story and the current success this new band are having. The band's new single is album is tipped to be the most successful selling debut albums of all time. Music Scene has taken the time to interview them to make people aware of who they are and where they have come from. I have also filled in the 60 second guide detailing lots of quick facts about the band. I have filled in the date formed, the members, the hits and their inspirations as artists.
After experimenting I decided to agree with my audience and add page numbers, they are on both pages because I though it strange to see the number on just one page. I also went with the audience and added the name of the magazine into the page. I decided to add it into the top left of the page because it doesn't command too much attention and stand out up there but it can be seen. I had to add the white background again because the tree branches were very dark and so is the title. I feel this adds to the brand identity and it was a convention that I was determined to follow when producing my own piece.

I had to move the 60 second guide box over slightly. It was difficult after I added in the page number because the page number took up the space the box used to be in. I tried simply moving the box up but this didn't look right so I decided that I had to move it to the right to make the box the best. The only other slight adjustment I made was to the pull quote. I just thought that centring the quote would look better. As I had it before the quote looked as it was part of the article and I wanted it to stand out and attract the audiences attention straight away.

I am now reasonably happy with this design and will only make minor adjustments to it before I submit my final designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment