I have now collated the results of questionarres and have produced a series of charts illustrating my results. I will soon post my plans for my front cover, contents and double page spreads according to the answers I have recieved.
This question was to establish the gender ratio of teenagers that would be reading my magazine from the 15 people that I surveyed I can now see that the majority of my audience will be male. To cater this I will select colours that will appeal to a male audience more.
I felt that it was key for me to understand my target audience better, to do this I designed this question if tells me the music listening habits of my target audience. Each person was given the chance to choose more than one genre as often people don't just listen to the one genre of music. As you can see the most popular genre of music is Indie, as this is the most popular genre my music magazine will now be about this style of music.
I believe that the options I have given the audience have led to me recieving inaccuarte results that would not match up to the real world. This is because after some more research I found out that the price of monthly music magazines would be much higher. This is becuase NME is £2.20 for just a weekly issue. This would mean a realisitc price would be around £5. This is most probaly the price my magazine will be as it will come out monthly.
As mentioned in a previous post I designed this question to help to guide me on the content of the double page spread. The stats show that people like to read interviews of artists the most. This fits the plan that I had in the back of my mind as I was planning to do an interview about a new Indie band that has come onto the market. After recieving this feedback I will be continuing with this idea.
As I want my magazine to appeal to my target audience I want them to have an input in choosing the colour scheme. As previously mentioned this is becuase people will be more inclined to buy a magazine with colours that appeal to them. I also want bright features to feature prominenlty on my front cover, this is becuase I want it to stand out from some darker coloured magazines such as Kerrang.
To any magazine the name is crucial, a poor unmemorable name and a catchy name could be the difference between poor sales or a bestseller. The question included 4 possible names that I have thought of naming my magazine, The 2 names that I think are the best are Tuned in and TMS short for The Music Scene. The other 2 are seconday ideas and I don't expect them to feature prominently in my decision making process. This is backed up by the target audience as X and The Scene both recieved the lowest number of votes. To be honest I'm still not sure which name I will use, due to the vote results Tuned in is currently faviourite.






No comments:
Post a Comment