Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Feedback on Double page spread

With my double page spread draft now created I sought verbal feedback from both peers and teachers and from it I will see how my double page pre original photography can be amended.

  • Firstly I was advised the change the boxes that the band name is in, I was told that the completely straight boxes didn't really work and was advised to go for an effect similar to the Sex Pistols logo. After researching it I have seen that my teacher means slant the text to make it look better.
  • I was told to stick with the colour scheme because it showed a consistent house style as my front cover and contents page use black, white and red. The colour scheme was further complemented because it follows the rule of thirds i.e. only 3 main colours used on the page 
  • Although the shot on the left hand side of the page isn't an exact replica of the one I was thinking of growing for my teacher told me that a similar shot would work quite well
  • I had mixed opinions on the pull quote some people said they thought it was good because it stands out, but some people said that I could integrate it into the article more by making it bold and taking it out of the box and make it bold
  • People generally said they like the layout of the article and the 'MEET THE GANG' section but they were worried that my main article may not be very long, they suggested making the text smaller to get more text in. I will experiment with this idea to see how it looks, but as I haven't planned out the text of the main article I don't know if I will need more space or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment