After I created my contents page draft I sought audience feedback to ensure my magazine continues to appeal to them. This is what I found out:
- My teacher told me that perhaps some of the text sizes were too big, for example the text to introduce articles not for the subheadings, some other people have also told me this so I will slightly decrease the text size next time and see how it looks
- My teacher also told me that they didn't like the grey, I said I wanted to maintain this colour because if not all of the articles will be in white boxes and it won't look right. Although I am prepared to play around with the colour and potentially go for a lighter shade of grey, I have also received contrasting feedback as some people like the grey but I will change it and see if people still like it
- Despite changing my font again I was told it didn't quite work, this is something that is very important to me as it links to brand identity but I will not address it now as it is the contents page, I will look as the issue again when I have my original photography ready to input on to the magazine. When I do I think I will try the third option from my survey that I have not yet tried
- A lot of people said that they thought the colours red and black worked well together, they also liked the red and white subheadings these are two features in terms of colour I feel that I have got right. Due to the positive feedback I will retain this feature
- A fellow peer told me that my contents page looked professional mainly due to the fact is was split up into the different sections of news, features etc. This is a common convention I noticed and tried to follow so I am pleased that people have picked up on it.
- People have said that the articles are good and that they are like ones they would expect to appear in a real magazine. The only slight adjustment I might have to make is to my subtitles, I will try to make my subtitles sound fun and appealing by perhaps using puns.
No comments:
Post a Comment