Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Double page spread mock up


I have now completed my draft of my double page spread, I chose to do my article about a new up and coming band in the industry. This is timely because at the minute Indie labels are on the rise and they now have an equal opportunity to plug their artists on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. I chose a new band as it will give me a chance to be creative and invent a whole back story for a new band. I will have nothing to mold my article on so it will all be down to my imagination and creativity.

My title is clearly the biggest and most important text on the page, this sets the scene for the article and tells the reader straight away what it is about. This is why I chose to highlight it, it is important it is seen as it may be hard for the audience to know where to look on a double page spread. I chose to have it overlapping the picture on the left hand side because otherwise the left hand side although it has a picture on will look very bare. I also chose to put a 60 second bio of the band on there because I felt that some members of the audience may only be scim reading the article and this way it allows for them to learn all of the information the article is telling them quickly. For the photo I will have it take up the whole of the left hand side, I believe this is the best use of the space as I don't want there to be paragraphs of writing in both sides. this will make my magazine look wordy and boring. I will try to replicate a home scenario by having posters up and having the band members sitting in a relaxed manner on some kind of sofa. This is because I want the audience to see their offstage side in other words what they are really like. I will use a second photo of one of the three member performing, it will be taken in a dark room with the light solely on them simulating the effect of playing a live gig at night. This will succeed in breaking up the text. I also want to add legitimacy to the success of the band, to do this I will use a pull quote from a respected newspaper such as the Guardian.

No comments:

Post a Comment