Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Redrafted Contents page



I have now completed this second draft of my contents page, I have taken on board my audience feedback where I have seen appropriate.
As previously mentioned in the future after I have taken my photos I will adjust my logo to try to suit Indie music more. 
  • But I first started out by changing the colour of the grey in the news,reviews and extras boxes. I tried to go for a more suttle and a lighter shade of grey. After changing it I realised that it did look better, I think that the lighter grey means that the grey boxes aren't dominant anymore and the white and grey now command the same amount of attention
  • I also tried out changing the text size I reduced the text size for the names of the articles from 18 to 16, this first succeeded in making the page less cluttered because the articles themselves take up less space. This will make it easier for the audience to read thus appealing to them more. When I compare the two now I think that the large text doesn't look right, it is only by creating this draft and taking on board feedback from my audience that I realised this  
  • In the end I chose not to change any article headings, in the end I referred back to real music magazines and I saw that my headings were similar to ones they have and I didn't think I could come up with any puns that would add to the appeal of the articles
  • As I received a large amount of positive feedback on my red and white headings so I have decided to keep them and make no adjustments. Although while reviewing this on my blog I have noticed that the review bar is too big height wise. When I add in my original photography I will reduce its size by making it thinner 

No comments:

Post a Comment