I have created this mock up of a contents page for my preliminary task. I remembered that the brief was a school magazine, this is one of the reasons why I chose pictures to feature so prominently. As this is most likely to be handed to students who may not want to spend their time reading about school I represented the main articles with pictures. This is in the hope they will look at the pictures and decide they will want to read the article. I only did this to the main articles as they are the main articles for a reason, you want them to be read. I also tried to tailor the articles to the scenario, 3 of my 4 main articles are about extra curricular activities. One of the purposes of a school magazine is to advertise the school and the extra curricular activities in the hope to inspire other pupils to get involved. This is why chose a range of articles to appeal to everyone there is performing arts, sport and a charitable cause. This has helped me to understand that it is important to select an audience but appeal to everyone within that audience type. I thought long and hard about the design of this contents page and i think this will be the design I use in my music magazine.

No comments:
Post a Comment